Friday 15 February 2013

MUGILPETE,PARADISE VIA HELL'S ROAD- PART 4 MAMA I'M COMING HOME

Because the cell phone reception was poor, i could not share my triumphs with my mum. But, once we started on the return journey, i could not think of anything else except narrating the entire episode to my parents. So excited was i, that i did not notice that i had completed 100 kms straight, without stopping for a break. My pillion, Gautam, did not share the same enthusiasm as me. He on the other hand, ended with a rock solid butt, and could not even feel his own farts.
I stopped at Coorg Cafe. Though it is modeled on Cafe Coffee Day, the food here is so much better. The pudina chutney was too good. It was around 7 PM when we started from the pit stop. I avoid riding in the dark. It is a real strain on the eyes with all the glare, and demands extra concentration. But, i did it and soon, i was narrating the entire incident to my dad and screaming about like a little girl at home.
This journey taught me that biking is more than riding to your destination. The true beauty of it is in appreciating the journey and exploring the places. Taking in your stride the unplanned and unexpected are also part of the ride. I have to thank Gautam for being so helpful and patient. I have to thank my bike that it endured the journey. The Kodavas were very helpful and a special thank you for the locals. I have to thank the Highway which ensured we got home safe and sound.
Coorg is wonderful place. But as the locals told me, everything green doesn't mean prosperity. Monsoons and lack of good roads hinder the progress of the place. When they do build one, vast tracts of forest are consumed. Tigers used to roam the place, now replaced with deer and the occasional boar. No wonder, with all these difficulties, Kodavas become tough, man or woman.
This ride taught me to appreciate true friends and nature. I'm a better man for having done this ride.

Until next time....

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Copy and paste the link to see the pictures:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.563675673662981.125448.100000616611442&type=3

    ReplyDelete