Saturday 9 March 2013

JAMMING IN JAMMIES WITH JAMULAPATI AT OOTY- DAY 1

15 minutes to go before the exam. I was outside the hall when i saw a boy studying under the shade of a tree. I had a quick chat with him. Five years later, he was my biker bud on my first inter-state ride.
Vikram was your chocolate boy, with good looks and a great sense of fashion. He had the same bike as me.  His knowledge of books was quite impressive and since i was an avid reader myself, our friendship grew stronger. After my Master's exams were over, Vikram suggested that we go to Ooty. It would also be the first time i had stayed overnight during a bike ride. My parents agreed and off we rode to the beautiful place.
Vikram was the perfect guy for this. He had studied in Ooty and had been there before by bike. He knew places which were not found in tourist maps. The road to Ooty, the one with hairpin bends was a tough one. I had a clumsy bag tied at the back which often shifted its weight. I was left with no choice but to carry it on my shoulders, which tired me. The bikes were put under stress up the steep incline. Yamaha Gladiators were not meant for this. The worse part was when a SUV full of gorgeous girls was parked at the side, and the bike just stopped, as if to stare at them. It would not move from there. The incline was just too much. I was left huffing and puffing, trying to push the bike.
The cold air, the mist, the smell of tea and the sight of those tea-workers with baskets filled with green leaves; no matter how many times you visit, you never get tired of the place. The old British style houses told a tale of their own. Our first stop was a grave. The peace i found in that place was just surreal. It was a very old one, with some graves dating back to the 1800s. The in-charge of the place was kind enough to let us inside the chapel.
After many churches and schools, we made a stop at a park, where we spotted an old guy, his young wife and two photographers who made them pose in awkard positons. This was when i came up with my most innovative phrase for lovers in public places, 'Mr & Mrs. Dick Banger'.

3 comments:

  1. Though Vikram was my junior in college, he is elder to me by 4 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. elder by 4 goddamn years?? You are gonna be shot! :/

    ReplyDelete